Update from a previous client - Ayesha Kee
Ayesha has informed us that they are donig well in the music industry and are releasing their album 'Tipi Haere Te Reo' on Monday 26th July through Ode Distribution. This release ties in with Maori Language Week.
This is not a new concept but a concept that will cross many boundaries. This album has brought some of the classic songs that we grew up with, and now these classic songs have been translated into Maori.
Peter Rangiwai, (Ngati Porou), Business Owner and Musician got annoyed listening to the same Maori songs on the radio day in and day out and the seed of this idea was planted many years ago but now is in a physical form.
To help him achieve this dream Hohepa MacDougall (Tuhoe) is a partner in this project and also the key translator from English into Maori. He is a registered translator and contracts to parliament.
They have employed the wonderful vocal talents of some of Aotearoa’s top Maori talent. This includes:
Ruia Aperahama,(Ngati Wharetoa, Nga Whaatua) he has leant his talents to Southside of Bombay and more famous for his album “Waiata of Bob Marley”.
Ria Hall, (Ngati Ranginui) an amazing soul/reggae singer who has worked with the likes of Ardijah, Herbs, the late Phil Fuemana, Hollie Smith just to name a few.
Kemara Fuimaono is of Samoan and Maori (Nga Puhi, Ngati Ranginui) descent. Growing up in a musical household he has lent his vocal talents to Iva Lamkum , Carol Henry and Fat Freddy’s Drop.
To accompany these vocal talents we have some of the best musicians Wellington has to offer such as Rodger Fox, Caleb Robinson, Vaughn Roberts and Neil Billington just to mention a few and to bring this all together to create this album is record producer Dick Le Fort .
below is the full tracklisting of the album.
Tipi Haere Te Reo Tracklisting
1. Noho Tarewa Ana (Sitting In Limbo -Peter Rangiwai *
2. Titiro Mai (Misty) - Kemera Fuimaono
3. Tatari Mai Ra (Do Nothin’ Till You hear From Me)- Aurora Mareikura
4. He Pono Tana Aroha MÅku (Lover’s Question) -Conrad Noema
5. PÄ“rÄ ki te Whitinga Wai (Bridge Over Troubled Water) -Ria Hall
6. TÅ Momo Ä€taahua (They Can’t Take That Away From Me)- Ruia Aperahama & Aurora Mareikura
7. He Hoa RÄ TÅu (You Got A Friend) - Kemera Fuimaono #
8. Menemene Anahera (Angel Smile) - Peter Rangiwai*
9. Ko koe, ko koe (Is You Is or Is You Ain’t My Baby) -Ria Hall
10. Ka Puta he RÄ (Our Day Will Come) - Ruia Aperahama
For more information and interviews, contact Ayesha Kee
M: +64 274288558
We at Artsbiz Ltd wish them all the best with the launch, which we are sure will be hugely successful.